InsideScan for both Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows XP/Vista is a file and image/document management plug-in that lets you handle your images in a FileMaker Pro database. Since it is perfectly integrated with FileMaker Pro through a large set of additional functions fully scriptable, InsideScan allows you to:
- Scan images and documents directly from TWAIN compliant acquisition sources, and choose to save them on disk or into your container fields. It is also possible to scan and save multi images and documents to PDF files.
- Import images in your database, by supplying their pathname or URL. Batch images import capability is available too, as well as importing by reference.
- Export images from container fields, in a specified format (i.e. JPEG, TIFF, PICT, BMP, PSD, single frames, etc.).
- Show an image in a dedicated window, where you can zoom in/out, rotate, crop and invert the picture.
- Create a compressed thumbnail of the image to save memory space or to make presentations.
- Apply a set of transformations to an image, such as resize, depth, resolution, rotate, invert, crop, convert, flip, scale and more.
- Apply a watermark to images, with opacity, scaling and rotation control.
- Get and set information for images. For example, it is possible to obtain type, width, height, depth, resolution and size. It is also possible to retrieve meta data compliant information, such as IPTC and EXIF.
- Print images with just one command.
- Handle files and folders. For instance you can delete, rename and copy files, create and list folders, get and set dates, OS X permissions and more.
All of this makes InsideScan use ideal for creating databases that electronically manage documentation, for filing images, for creating sales catalogs (even for the Web), for enriching personal data cards and for all those situations where using images is a necessity.